Sunday, June 19, 2011

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

FINALLY, I HAVE SEEN THE PYGMY HIPPO IN PERSON!!!!!!
That's right folks, the pygmy hippo (or three of them actually) has been seen with my very own eyes! I am now more obsessed than ever!!!! Take a look at this:


The differences between pygmy and common hippos:



The similarities between pygmy and common hippos:
(That's right, it says they mark their territory by spraying dung with their tails. Ewwww!)



I took a short little video of the mom and baby hippos so that you can all experience the magic!!!! ENJOY!

The excitement is easy to see....it was AWESOME!

The Pygmy Hippos live at the Taronga Zoo, just a short ferry ride from downtown Sydney. The beach surrounding the zoo is a beautiful white sand beach with green-blue waters and it is isolated in a small bay. There is a skyway that takes you up the hill to the zoo and as you ascend you float over elephants and gorillas in their enclosures. The view from the top of the Taronga zoo is a beautiful panorama of downtown sydney and the opera house. 





This is a mother and daughter pair. The daughter is the small pygmy hippo pictured previously on my blog and pictured below (I have to admit that these two were taken awhile ago so she was much bigger when I saw her this weekend). 



I loved the pygmy hippos so much that I purchased multiple pygmy hippo post cards and even spent money on a little pygmy hippo stuffed animal!

My new little buddy!!!

Taronga Zoo postcard

Take a look at my facebook to see even more photos of all the animals from the zoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!